DR. JITSUHIRO YAMADA
Dr. Jitsuhiro Yamada, of Minokamo, Gifu, Japan, was elected to serve as President of Lions Clubs International at the association's 98 th International Convention held in Honolulu, Hawaii Juny 26 through 30, 2015.
President Yamada is a neurosurgeon
A member of the Minokamo Lions Club, Dr.Yamada has been a Lion since 1985. He has held many offices in the association, including district governor and GLT constitutional area vice leader. He served on the international board from 2005 to 2007 as a member of the Executive Committee and the Long Range Planning Committee and Vice Chairperson of Convention Committee. Dr. Yamada also served as a board appointee for 2011-2012.
In recognition of his service to the association, Dr. Yamada has received numerous awards, including the Humanitarian Partners Award, eight International President's Awards and an Ambassador of Good Will Award, the highest honor the association bestows upon its members. He is also a Progressive Melvin Jones Fellow.
In addition to his Lion activities, Dr. Yamada is chairperson for several organizations including the Social Medical Corporation Koseikai, the Kizawa Memorial Hospital, the Social Welfare Corporation Jikeikai, Nozominooka Hospital and Ajisai Nursing College. He is a standing director of the Japan Hospital Association and an affiliate professor at Gifu University.
Dr. Yamada has been active in the area of international relations, serving as president of the Gifu-Hungary Friendship Association, Gifu-Morocco Association and Gifu-Salzburg Association. He is a recipient of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Hungary, the Medal of Honor of the Alaouite Dynasty of the Kingdom of Morocco and an honorary citizen of Beijing City, China, in recognition of his service to international friendship building.
President Yamada and his wife, Dr. Toshiko Yamada, also a Lion and a Progressive Melvin Jones Fellow, have one son, one daughter and three grandchildren.
Lion D.D. Chandra Perera MJF, MAF, JP
- He studied in Nalanda Collage and qualified at the Institute of Engineering , Katubedda in Civil engineering followed by Structural and Sanitary Engineering.
- During his school life he was leading science Union, welfare Union and was the first student secretary in Sarvodaya Campaign.
- Started as a Engineering Assistance In Public Health Engineering Department in 1970 and Joined Buildings Dept. After completing 30 Years Service he joined Urban Devolvement Authority as Deputy Director Engineering Services At present He is attached to National Construction Association of Sri Lanka as a Engineering Consultant.
- He started as Charter member Of Lions Club of Wickramasinghe Pura 1988 and was the Charter Secretary . He continued for two years and was the best secretary of the region and 1st Runner up in the District.
- He was the President in 1992/1993 and was the best President of the region and 1st Runner up in the District. At the end of tenure he won 16 Awards Including best administered club award and 100% International excellence Award.
- Before being a President Just after completing term of secretary of the club 1990 he was appointed to the District Cabinet as District Chairperson by DG Loyid Perera.
- There after he served in District in several capacities.
- District Chairman: 3 Times
- Sight First Campaign Group Coordinator: 1994/1995
- Zone Chairperson: 1993/1994 By PDG Runjith De silva
- Region Coordinator: 1994/1995 By PDG Lion Canute Perera
- Region Chairperson: 1995/1996 By PDG Lion Duglus Dayasiri
- Region Chairperson: 2010/2011 by PDG Lion Ananda Balasooriya
- Leo Advisor: 1998/1999
- Deputy Cabinet Secretary (CPE): 2011/2012.
- Cabinet Secretary: 2012/2013.
- During his term he changed the Cabinet Sec.’s monthly circular in to a magazine , in the name of Action Alert
- 2nd Vice District Governor in 2013/2014
- 1st Vice District Governor in 2014/2015
- Attended the International Convention at Bangkok
- zami Forum at Bangaloar
- Best Secretary - Regional award: Two Times
- 1st Runner up Most outstanding Secretary In the District
- Most outstanding Zone Chairperson top ten in the District
- 2nd runner up most outstanding Region Chairperson in the District2010/2011
- Most Efficient Lion In the district 2011/2012
- Most Interactive Lion In the District 2012/2013
- International President’s Special appreciation for:
- Sight Fist Campaign 1995/1996
- Diabetic Awareness 2008/ 2009
- Leader Ship Programme 2011/2012
- Married to Lilitha who was a school Principal of Education Service.
- Blessed with One Son who is a Doctor and married to a Doctor
- Most free time spent with two granddaughters.
Lion Ranji Hewage MJF JP,
Lion Ranji Hewage is from Galle in Southern Province. For his Education he joined Bonavista Collage in Galle and for his higher Education he joined the Engineering Faculty at The Open University for B-Tec Engineering Technology.
He is the Chairmen and Managing Director of,
- Chance Engineering (Pvt) Ltd
- Avinro Lighting Solution (Pvt) Ltd
- Shehara Electricals
- Chance Electrical suppliers
- Chance Advertising Solutions
He joined lionism in the year 2003/2004 as a member of Lions Club of Diyawannawa. They extended the lions club of Diyawanna Oya. He became the Charter President of Lions Club of Diyawanna oya in the year 2005/2006.
Past District Governor Lion Amara Dissanayake taking in to Consideration of his capabilities and the devotion to lionism appointed him to the District Cabinetas District Chairperson and he became most outstanding District Chairperson that year.
In the year 2007/2008 Past Governor Lion Hemasiri De Silva appointed him as the Zone Chairperson and he became most outstanding Zone Chairperson.
In the year 2008/2009 Lion Governor Dinesh Hettiarachchi appointed him to his Cabinet as the MERL Chairperson and he became the first runner-up at the District Convention.
In the year 2009/2010 District Governor Saliya Kaluarachchi appointed him as the District Governors Program Cordinators.
Governor Ananda Balasuriya 2010/2011 appointed Lion Ranji Hewage as Region Chairperson of region two and became the first runner-up region chairperson at the annual convention.
Past District Governor Lion Vijitha Manamperi appointed him as the District Governor chief program committee Chairperson and Chairperson MJF Night organizing committee.
Past District Governor Lion B.Janaranjan new his capabilities and appoint him as the cabinet treasurer for the year 2012/2013.
In the year 2013/2014 immediate Past District Governor Chamidu Abewickrama appointed as deputy Cabinet Secretary.
SPECIAL DISTRICT RECOGNITION
- International President Certificate for 8 years.
- Most energetic Lion of the year 2013/2014 and International meddle for leadership.
POSITION HELD IN ASSOCIATIONS
- General Secretary of national Construction of Sri Lanka.
- Director - Ceylon Institute of Builders.
- Director – Chamber Of construction Industry.
- Director- Advance Construction Training academy.
- Director- University collage of construction Technology.
- Director- “Ruhunu Mitra Sansadaya” in Colombo.
- Colombo District Organizer for Sri Lanka Human Rights Organization.
- Member of Management Institute of Sri Lanka. MIM (SL)
- Fellow member,Charted Institute of Business administrators of Sri Lanka.FCBA(SL)
- Fellow member International Institute of Management-Hong Kong. FIIM (HK)
- Member of Ceylon Institute of Builders.
He is Married to Lion Lady Malee madanayake and blessed with 3 daughters and one son.
Elders Daughter Chathurangi working at Chance Engineering (Pvt) Ltd as the Director Administration.
Second Daughter Piumi malshani study as software Engineering IIT University.
Third Daughter still studying at Sujatha vidyalaya for A/L Maths Examination.
One and only son mevan vansika studying at Lyceum International School.
2014/2015 Elected as Second Vice District Governor for Lion District 306-C1
Lion Mrs. Rupa Dheerasinghe MJF/JP,
Lion Rupa Dheerasinghe’s affiliation with Lionism traces back to 1990 when her husband Past District Governor Dharma Dheerasinghe became a member of the Lions Club of Sri Jayawardenepura - Kotte.
She was a very active and resourceful Lion Lady in the Club and had organized a number of service projects and was the Chairperson of Terre des Homes Project, which was a continuous project of the Club for 24 years.
As part of this project 50 under-privileged children were served at any given point of time in their education, health, nutrition and recreation.
She was also the Chairperson of the Silver Jubilee Celebrations of the Club in 1998.
She became a member of the Club In 2001 and was elected President in 2003/04 in the year the Club celebrated the 30th charter anniversary. She broke the 30 year male dominated tradition of the Club by becoming the first Lady President.
Under her leadership, the Club won 17 key awards and was adjudged the Best Administered Club in the District at the Annual District Convention.
She held office in the District cabinet as District Chairperson – Lion Ladies’ Activities – 2004/05, Zone Chairperson – 2010/11, Global Membership Team Coordinator of the District for the 4th consecutive year since 2011/12, Secretary – Convention Steering Committee 2012/13, Cabinet Treasurer 2013/14 and Additional Cabinet Secretary 2014/15. She was elected 2nd Vice District Governor of District 306C1 for 2015/16 at the Annual Convention held in May 2015.
Lion Rapa has won, District Governors Appreciation Award in 2004/05 and continued to receive Appreciation Awards each year from all successive Governors of District 306 C1 from 2010/11 to 2014/15.
She was the Most Outstanding Zone Chairperson (runner up) 2010/11.
She is a winner of several International awards including International President’s Appreciation Certificates from Dr Tao Sup Lee (2003/04), Wing-Kun Tam (2011/12), Wayne A. Madden(2012/13) and Barry J Palmer(2013/14). Most prestigious of all international awards were “Dream Achiever” Award (2013/14) International Leadership Award (2012/13) and International President’s Medal (2013/14).
She is a Melvin Jones Fellow, a Mahindra Amarasuriya Fellow and a Justice of Peace (All Island) since 2004.
Her dedicated service to the nation was appreciated by several other organizations in Sri Lanka.
She was awarded with “Liya Abhimani” 2001 by Sri Lanka Journalists’ Association and Global Commerce Excellence Award 2012/13 by the Shippers’ Academy of Sri Lanka.
Her contribution to the upliftment of the national economy was appreciated by the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Sri Lanka in 2012 and 2013.
Lion Rupa Dheerasinghe currently serves as an Assistant Governor of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
Prior to this appointment, she has served as the Superintendent of the Employees’ Provident Fund Department and has served in many senior capacities at the Central Bank of Sri Lanka over 32 years since 1983.
While working at the Central Bank of Sri Lanka she served in several Ministerial and Inter-Ministerial Committees, other Government institutions and international organizations as a Member, Researcher, Director, Lecturer and a Resource Person.
She was a Visiting Lecturer at several professional organizations including the Institute of Bankers of Sri Lanka, Institute of Management of Sri Lanka and Center for Banking Studies.
She served as a member of Inter-Ministerial sub committees and as Economist in research studies conducted by the Ministry of Power and Energy in Sri Lanka.
She was a country researcher for the South East Asian Central Banks ( SEACEN) study on Taxation of Financial Assets in SEACEN Countries in 1997.
She was also a Visiting Research Economist at the SEACEN Centre, Malaysia and worked as Team Leader of the Study on Relative Effectiveness of Policy Choices during the Global Financial Crisis on SEACEN Economies.
Lion Rupa has been a Resource Person at several international workshops, seminars and conferences held in Sri Lanka and overseas in countries such as Singapore, England, Malaysia, Nepal, Australia, Thailand and USA.
She holds a Masters in Economics from Monash University Australia.
She also holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Statistics from University of Colombo and Bachelor of Economics (Honors) from the University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka and Certificate of Database Systems from Montgomery College, USA.
She has published over 40 research papers, mostly in the areas of Superannuation Funds, Global Financial Crisis, Modelling and Forecasting Methodology, Garment Industry, Banking and Finance, Foreign Trade, Public Debt Management, Taxation, Government Finance, Monetary Policy, Income Distribution and Poverty Alleviation and Power and Energy.
Lion Rupa is married to Past District Governor Dharma Dheerasinghe and they are blessed with twin sons, Lion Usitha Yasassri and Chaaritha Yasasvi, who are both graduates of the University of Maryland, USA and are members of Lions Club of Sri Jayawardenepura - Kotte.