DR. JITSUHIRO YAMADA
Dr. Jitsuhiro Yamada, of Minokamo, Gifu, Japan, was elected to serve as President of Lions Clubs International at the association's 98 th International Convention held in Honolulu, Hawaii Juny 26 through 30, 2015.
President Yamada is a neurosurgeon
A member of the Minokamo Lions Club, Dr.Yamada has been a Lion since 1985. He has held many offices in the association, including district governor and GLT constitutional area vice leader. He served on the international board from 2005 to 2007 as a member of the Executive Committee and the Long Range Planning Committee and Vice Chairperson of Convention Committee. Dr. Yamada also served as a board appointee for 2011-2012.
In recognition of his service to the association, Dr. Yamada has received numerous awards, including the Humanitarian Partners Award, eight International President's Awards and an Ambassador of Good Will Award, the highest honor the association bestows upon its members. He is also a Progressive Melvin Jones Fellow.
In addition to his Lion activities, Dr. Yamada is chairperson for several organizations including the Social Medical Corporation Koseikai, the Kizawa Memorial Hospital, the Social Welfare Corporation Jikeikai, Nozominooka Hospital and Ajisai Nursing College. He is a standing director of the Japan Hospital Association and an affiliate professor at Gifu University.
Dr. Yamada has been active in the area of international relations, serving as president of the Gifu-Hungary Friendship Association, Gifu-Morocco Association and Gifu-Salzburg Association. He is a recipient of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Hungary, the Medal of Honor of the Alaouite Dynasty of the Kingdom of Morocco and an honorary citizen of Beijing City, China, in recognition of his service to international friendship building.
President Yamada and his wife, Dr. Toshiko Yamada, also a Lion and a Progressive Melvin Jones Fellow, have one son, one daughter and three grandchildren.
Lion D.D. Chandra Perera MJF, MAF, JP
- He studied in Nalanda Collage and qualified at the Institute of Engineering , Katubedda in Civil engineering followed by Structural and Sanitary Engineering.
- During his school life he was leading science Union, welfare Union and was the first student secretary in Sarvodaya Campaign.
- Started as a Engineering Assistance In Public Health Engineering Department in 1970 and Joined Buildings Dept. After completing 30 Years Service he joined Urban Devolvement Authority as Deputy Director Engineering Services At present He is attached to National Construction Association of Sri Lanka as a Engineering Consultant.
- He started as Charter member Of Lions Club of Wickramasinghe Pura 1988 and was the Charter Secretary . He continued for two years and was the best secretary of the region and 1st Runner up in the District.
- He was the President in 1992/1993 and was the best President of the region and 1st Runner up in the District. At the end of tenure he won 16 Awards Including best administered club award and 100% International excellence Award.
- Before being a President Just after completing term of secretary of the club 1990 he was appointed to the District Cabinet as District Chairperson by DG Loyid Perera.
- There after he served in District in several capacities.
- District Chairman: 3 Times
- Sight First Campaign Group Coordinator: 1994/1995
- Zone Chairperson: 1993/1994 By PDG Runjith De silva
- Region Coordinator: 1994/1995 By PDG Lion Canute Perera
- Region Chairperson: 1995/1996 By PDG Lion Duglus Dayasiri
- Region Chairperson: 2010/2011 by PDG Lion Ananda Balasooriya
- Leo Advisor: 1998/1999
- Deputy Cabinet Secretary (CPE): 2011/2012.
- Cabinet Secretary: 2012/2013.
- During his term he changed the Cabinet Sec.’s monthly circular in to a magazine , in the name of Action Alert
- 2nd Vice District Governor in 2013/2014
- 1st Vice District Governor in 2014/2015
- Attended the International Convention at Bangkok
- zami Forum at Bangaloar
- Best Secretary - Regional award: Two Times
- 1st Runner up Most outstanding Secretary In the District
- Most outstanding Zone Chairperson top ten in the District
- 2nd runner up most outstanding Region Chairperson in the District2010/2011
- Most Efficient Lion In the district 2011/2012
- Most Interactive Lion In the District 2012/2013
- International President’s Special appreciation for:
- Sight Fist Campaign 1995/1996
- Diabetic Awareness 2008/ 2009
- Leader Ship Programme 2011/2012
- Married to Lilitha who was a school Principal of Education Service.
- Blessed with One Son who is a Doctor and married to a Doctor
- Most free time spent with two granddaughters.
Lion Ranji Hewage MJF JP,
Lion Ranji Hewage is from Galle in Southern Province. For his Education he joined Bonavista Collage in Galle and for his higher Education he joined the Engineering Faculty at The Open University for B-Tec Engineering Technology.
He is the Chairmen and Managing Director of,
- Chance Engineering (Pvt) Ltd
- Avinro Lighting Solution (Pvt) Ltd
- Shehara Electricals
- Chance Electrical suppliers
- Chance Advertising Solutions
He joined lionism in the year 2003/2004 as a member of Lions Club of Diyawannawa. They extended the lions club of Diyawanna Oya. He became the Charter President of Lions Club of Diyawanna oya in the year 2005/2006.
Past District Governor Lion Amara Dissanayake taking in to Consideration of his capabilities and the devotion to lionism appointed him to the District Cabinetas District Chairperson and he became most outstanding District Chairperson that year.
In the year 2007/2008 Past Governor Lion Hemasiri De Silva appointed him as the Zone Chairperson and he became most outstanding Zone Chairperson.
In the year 2008/2009 Lion Governor Dinesh Hettiarachchi appointed him to his Cabinet as the MERL Chairperson and he became the first runner-up at the District Convention.
In the year 2009/2010 District Governor Saliya Kaluarachchi appointed him as the District Governors Program Cordinators.
Governor Ananda Balasuriya 2010/2011 appointed Lion Ranji Hewage as Region Chairperson of region two and became the first runner-up region chairperson at the annual convention.
Past District Governor Lion Vijitha Manamperi appointed him as the District Governor chief program committee Chairperson and Chairperson MJF Night organizing committee.
Past District Governor Lion B.Janaranjan new his capabilities and appoint him as the cabinet treasurer for the year 2012/2013.
In the year 2013/2014 immediate Past District Governor Chamidu Abewickrama appointed as deputy Cabinet Secretary.
SPECIAL DISTRICT RECOGNITION
- International President Certificate for 8 years.
- Most energetic Lion of the year 2013/2014 and International meddle for leadership.
POSITION HELD IN ASSOCIATIONS
- General Secretary of national Construction of Sri Lanka.
- Director - Ceylon Institute of Builders.
- Director – Chamber Of construction Industry.
- Director- Advance Construction Training academy.
- Director- University collage of construction Technology.
- Director- “Ruhunu Mitra Sansadaya” in Colombo.
- Colombo District Organizer for Sri Lanka Human Rights Organization.
- Member of Management Institute of Sri Lanka. MIM (SL)
- Fellow member,Charted Institute of Business administrators of Sri Lanka.FCBA(SL)
- Fellow member International Institute of Management-Hong Kong. FIIM (HK)
- Member of Ceylon Institute of Builders.
He is Married to Lion Lady Malee madanayake and blessed with 3 daughters and one son.
Elders Daughter Chathurangi working at Chance Engineering (Pvt) Ltd as the Director Administration.
Second Daughter Piumi malshani study as software Engineering IIT University.
Third Daughter still studying at Sujatha vidyalaya for A/L Maths Examination.
One and only son mevan vansika studying at Lyceum International School.
2014/2015 Elected as Second Vice District Governor for Lion District 306-C1
Lion Mrs. Rupa Dheerasinghe MJF/JP,